Saturday, January 21, 2012

Busy Pinning

Right before Christmas, I finally did it: I joined pinterest.  I wasn't really resisting for any other reason besides lack of time.  Once my projects were done, I decided to check it out.  I've had a lot of fun having a place to store all the neat things I come across in my online-wandering.  I have found some great recipes, stored some beautiful architecture and I even found a great idea for my son's valentines (stay tuned).  It has also inspired me to keep making the homemade holiday decor.  I found a great tutorial for making a Valentine's Day garland that looked easy enough and so I made it!  I wonder where people come up with these ideas originally, I certainly never would have thought of sewing a felt-sleeve so that it could be cut into a heart.  HERE is the original tutorial.  I made mine slightly different, since making yarn-balls seemed not only cheaper, but easier than the felted balls (?) that are shown in the tutorial (although of course I found a tutorial for making those as well, the materials were somewhat spendy and this is just holiday decor after all).  I also made mine quite a bit bigger than the original.  My hearts are made from 7" strips of felt.  The yarn balls were made using 1.25" and 1.5" styrofoam balls.  I love it!  It is so cheerful during this dark, dreary time of the year!  I can't wait to see what I find for Easter.  I'm sure my husband is just oh-so excited too.  He loves it when I announce that I am off to JoAnn's.
(Every time I photograph anything related to our windows I think I should have put curtains up 5+ years ago when we moved in, but since we rent, at this point it seems far too late for that kind of effort,  hence my need for holiday garland of all kind.)

So now you can: Follow Me on Pinterest !  Happy pinning!

2 comments:

È