Sunday, October 7, 2012

Best Toddler Potty Book E-VER

My three-year-old is newly potty trained.  It has been an interesting struggle that has gone on for longer than I would like.  He is finally doing much better.  He actually likes to go to the bathroom.  Why?  I bought a magazine rack for the bathroom and a couple of kid-bathroom-specific books.  I just searched on Amazon and grabbed a couple that looked promising - basically sight-unseen.  One of them was a little boring, but the other one is the most hilarious book.  Both my boys sit on the toilet and study it.  It's called Even Firefighters Go to the Potty.  Each page is a lift-the-flap of professionals that kids particularly admire using the potty.  The drawings are completely hilarious.  I showed my mom (who, sorry Mom, can be a bit prudish) and she thought it was the funniest kid's book she'd ever seen. 
Anyway, ever since we got this book, my son now frequently talks about how firemen use the potty.  Policemen use the potty.  Even astronauts use the potty!  And *most* of the time, he uses the potty...
I just ordered another book called Even Firefighters Hug Their Moms by a different author.  The same little boy does not like to be affectionate.  Maybe firefighters are my ticket to solving many toddler-problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment

È