Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bags for Halloween

When I made the train costume, I bought WAY too much yellow canvas.  Feeling somewhat wasteful, I was trying to figure out what to do with at least some more of it before I forget all about it in my fabric box.  I decided to make trick-or-treat bags to go with both boys' costumes.  So, behold the Union Pacific Diesel Engine accessory bag which I tried to make somewhat Halloween-ish by shaping the logo into a pumpkin.  In hindsight, I wish I hadn't because maybe he could have used it for other things...oh well.  I also made a little faux-leather treat-bag for the little munchkin to go with his motorcycle dude costume.  I am totally digging the flames.  These took me a little longer than I had anticipated, but I am SO glad I made them.  With the bags and my husband and I wearing our stop sign and railroad crossing t-shirts, we are going to be thoroughly decked out for Halloween this year and even somewhat thematic too.

1 comment:

È