I love salmon, and honestly I am happy with it topped with a little salt and pepper (maybe some lemon) and baked. I do like to experiment with it, though, and what I threw together tonight turned out great so I thought I'd share - just in case you might want to dress up your salmon a little bit.
- 1 lb. salmon filet - rinse and set on baking stone (or in a baking dish)
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and a little bit of fresh ground pepper
- Lay fresh lemon slices evenly over the top (I used one lemon for 1 lb. of fish)
- Top with one diced roma tomato
- Sprinkle with about 2 Tbls of capers
- Drizzle olive oil over the top
- Bake at 350 until cooked to your liking
- Oh, and I threw some nuts on top because my son loves nuts with fish. I would have preferred pine nuts with this preparation, but due to same said son's voracious appetite for expensive nuts, we were out. Slivered almonds were all I had. They worked okay, just okay.