Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baby Feet

Another one of my little projects for the boys' room.  I scanned their newborn footprints and framed them with a poem.  I love looking at those tiny feet on the wall now and it always takes me back for a second or two to when each of them were brand-new.
Here's the poem:

I wish that I could show you
all the things that I have seen.
I wish that I could take you
everywhere that I have been.
I wish that I could indicate
the places where I fell,
And keep you, thus, from tripping
on those “rougher” spots as well.
I wish that I could do all this
and save you from the strife.
But I know that I’d be sparing you
the lessons of your life.
And you must learn those lessons
as hard as that may be,
Just know that you will always have
a helping hand from me.
- Jessica Wesolek

No comments:

Post a Comment

È