Monday, September 27, 2010

Books and more Books!

My son checking out his new collection.
It occurred to me today that I never write about books on this blog.  This is probably due to the fact that since having a second child, I have not figured out how to find time to read.
However, I do have something to say about books!  On Saturday, my parents, sons and I went to the giant Friends of Seattle Public Libraries Book Sale at Magnuson Park.  If you are local, love books and have never been to this before, mark your calendar for the end of April of next year.  This sale is AMAZING.  It is a former airplane hangar full of used and some new books, most of which cost $1 or less.  It's a completely insane event where there are so many books and people that it is hard to get through aisles.  People bring rolling suitcases to carry books home in.  We saw people leaving with boxes and boxes of books.
Not knowing what to expect, and not wanting to go crazy, I brought with me one humble reusable shopping bag.  In about an hour's time spent mostly in the children's picture book section, I bought 22 books, all in very good condition, a few of which were brand new, and spent a total of $30.  It was like Christmas to my three-year-old and he and his daddy spent hours looking through all the books that afternoon.
At least my mom and I will be returning next year.  It was completely worth it.  Like I said, if you live around here, go next spring (or fall)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

È