Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Best-Laid Plans

This was one of those weeks where I had intended to do lots of things - I had three projects in mind.  Sadly, the babes and I got sick and there went Monday.  I had to spend most of Tuesday cleaning up from Monday (that's what happens when the mommy is stuck in bed all day).  Finally after the kids went to bed, I tackled the most important of my projects: making a few items for a couple of new babies arriving very soon.  I am so in love with the concept of freezer paper silk-screening that I have been wanting to do it again since I made the Halloween costumes back in October (there's a link in that post to a tutorial if you're interested).  If you've never tried this and you are at all decent with an exacto-knife (thank you, Architecture school), it's the best crafty project ever.  I love the range of this mode of crafting because the finished product looks pretty close to something you could buy in a store, but can be so personalized to a situation or taste.  One of these shirts is for a third child (because they are special too!!) and one of these is for the new baby of a childhood friend that I used to go on "adventures" with to the corner store a few blocks away.
Here is the finished product:

When I saw how well these turned out, I couldn't help but wonder why I never make stuff like this for my own kids???
I *MUST* get to project #2 since it's for my son's Valentine's Day party at school tomorrow, but we'll see if I get around to #3.  I may just have to accept that I am not Super Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

È